Friday, October 25, 2013

Blog Wk. 8

                                                                   
Culture is a learned system of thought and behavior that belongs to and typifies a relatively large group of people; it is the composite of their shared beliefs, values, and practices.  As colleagues, we investigate how culture is learned, how it affects our communication, and why learning how to communicate among different cultures is so important (O'Hair & Wiemann, 2012).

When I came to Walden University, I became a member of a community, a culture of self-directed work team. My colleagues encouraged my work, deepened my knowledge, and helped me to understand the vision goal of effective communication skills.   Therefore, with good judgment, I have supported my colleagues, by identifying some problems, implementing some solutions as an effective communicator and collaborator.

In addition, I was able to discussed and accomplished goals with a team.  As a self work-teams,  many typical management function is completely controlled by the team members.  For example, members arrange their own schedules, buy their own equipment, and set their own standards for productivity, quality, and costs. The theory is that when people have more control over their work, they have a more positive attitude and are more committed to the group (O'Hair & Wiemann, 2012).

Finally, as my colleagues move forward with their education journey, I wish that my colleagues continue to build, and enhance their communication and collaboration skills in their professional and personal journey. I like to take this time to thank everyone, Dr. Carson, and my colleagues for a great eight weeks of the learning experience, and for completing our goals. My e-mail: Tamarahhibbert@ymail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment